Knowledge vs Wisdom

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing A lot of knowledge without wisdom is more dangerous. (Knowledge and Wisdom are not the same)
Though Krunchy may come to mind, this is intended more for newbies newer than I am and I'm definitely a newbie.
Acquiring power tools and only knowing how to turn them on to rip, cross cut, route or bore is potentially dangerous. Knowing how to set them up properly and use them correctly reduces the risk of appendage loss. Knowing which to use and when - that starts getting into the wisdom part of this woodworking thing.
Knowledge, applied without wisdom, is what's going to get one in trouble. "I will because I can." is often the first step to grief. While gaining knowledge, try including gaining some wisdom.
just a thought
charlie b
As someone's tagline said (I can't remember if it was on this ng or another) "knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting tomatoes in fruit salad."
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:06:01 +0000, LRod wrote:

Or another way:
knowledge without wisdom: Richard Nixon wisdom without knowledge: Edith Bunker
--
Joe Wells

You know in aviation we start with two bags. One is a full bag of luck the other is an empty bag of experience. The object of the game is to fill the bag of experience before the bag of luck empties.