Kinda OT - Need Some Inspiration

I just got my third paper shredder. The first one ran me aound $40, plain wore out. The second just over $30, better than the first, but a few blades got bent, now it clogs with paper, and barely shreds. The latest cost $22, and is better than either of the first two. All cross-cut by the way, vastly more security then a simple shredder.
The second one still runs great, just doesn't shred worth a damn any more. Which means I hate to just dump it, but can't think of any thing I could use it for. I look at it, and it at the edge of my it "seems" like there's "someting" I could convet it to, but it doesn't quite get there. The wood connection is because I feel like I could use it for "something" out in the shop. My mind is just a blank on this one.
Any usable ideas? Or do I just dump it?
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in 3331.bay.webtv.net:
*shredder lament*

The bin's probably worth something out in the shop. I have a bucket I dump plane shavings in to...
Puckdropper

Mon, Jul 2, 2007, 7:07am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) spoke thusly: The bin's probably worth something out in the shop. I have a bucket I dump plane shavings in to...
Long ago I made a wood thingie to hold the base ofthe bin. It sits on the end of a table, and holds a large garbage bag. I cut out the front of each bn, then just scoop the cuttings into the bag - I consder those smal bns just a PTA to use. So bin use - zip.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (Puckdropper)

Is it one with the mesh-style bucket? You could maybe use the bucket to be a large item filter for your dust collection system. (Shavings wouldn't pass through, but it'd be good for cleaning the sawdust off the work bench.)
Puckdropper
--
Attemping to solve your problems since, well, July 2, 2007.

Mon, Jul 2, 2007, 9:51am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doth queryeth: Is it one with the mesh-style bucket? You could maybe use the bucket to be a large item filter for your dust collection system. (Shavings wouldn't pass through, but it'd be good for cleaning the sawdust off the work bench.)
Nope, solid.
Dust collector? Dust collector? Ah, you mean the broom and dust pan. I normally clear sawdust off with a paint brush.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
Have you been lubricating your shredders? They need it occasionally.
I just squirt a little WD in mine now and then but you can buy lubricatioin sheets for them at your local office supply place.
Kate
[...]
Mon, Jul 2, 2007, 7:38am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@spam.filter (Kate) doth queryeth thusly: Have you been lubricating your shredders? They need it occasionally. I just squirt a little WD in mine now and then but you can buy lubricatioin sheets for them at your local office supply place.
Lubricating? Insructions on the first one never said a word about lubricating. Instructions on the second one said there were lubrcating sheets included, and that was it. Period. Checked instructions for the third one, and it's very easy to miss, but actually does have lubricating info. Absolutely do not use petroleum oils. Instad, about once a month, drizzle some vegetable or cooking oil on a piece of paper, and run that thru.
Interesting.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

Use it to run your grapes through to make some wine. It would be more modern than stomping them.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Given the rate of change, I'm waiting until next year when they give me $10 to take the shredder home. By the time I'm ready to retire, they will be giving me $40 each.
J T wrote:
| Any usable ideas? Or do I just dump it?
Pasta machine?