Kids Table & Chair Plans - Stoutman

Not sure about the protocol for contacting an individual contributor to the group. However, I cannot seem to find a direct contact.

While surfing the group a few months back I came across Stoutman's

projects and took a liking to the kids table & chair set he made.

I would greatly appreciate it if he or anyone who may know, could help and provide a source for the plans. Doesn't have to be free.

Thanks

SC

Reply to
A.M. Wood

For this project I went to a local baby store "Babies R Us" and found a table and chair set that my wife liked. I took my tape measure and pulled a "Norm" in the middle of the store and "Measured it up". I took the measurements home and made my own in Red Oak. The one in the store was cheap particle board.

If you would like the dimensions I can "measure it up" for ya! Please give me until tomorrow evening and I will post the measurements.

-Cheers!

Reply to
stoutman

Thanks for letting me know.

Reply to
A.M. Wood

Sorry,

Had to take my kid to the emergency room tonight! I will post the measurements and an explanation of the assembly by tomorrow evening.

Reply to
stoutman

Hope the little one is OK regards John

Reply to
John B

I guess that was sarcasm. But anyway. Here you go:

Table: Top 27" square 3/4" thick Aprons 2 1/4" wide 22" Long Legs 1.5" square 21.5" Long

Chairs: Seat 13 3/4" deep 14.5" wide. Notch around the legs in the back with a jig saw or bandsaw. chair aprons 1.5" wide 10 1/4" long. All four chair aprons are the same size. Legs 14" long in the front and 26" long in the back.

I used all mortise and tenon construction for the chairs and table. The chair seat and table top is attached with table top fasteners.

Have fun.

Reply to
stoutman

He is ok. He managed to hit himself in the eye with the toilet paper roll springy thing while he was playing with it. He compressed it and slipped out of his hand and hit him in the eye.

He had a couple of scratches on the eyeball. They used some kind of fluorescent dye and a special UV lamp to see the scratches. Kind of neat.

Anyway, he is doing fine.

Reply to
stoutman

Hey, Stoutman, I miss your old wood storage system. Snorted iced tea all over the laptop the first time I went to your site to check it out.

Chair and table look nice. Think you could stick the dimensions below on the page sometime? I've got a few thousand archived messages on my machine, and may need to look this up if I ever become a Granpappy some day.

Nice web page!

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

Your welcome.

Anything else I can do for you, let me know.

Reply to
stoutman

BTW, I did appreciate your taking the time to respond and wasn't being sarcastic.

Reply to
A.M. Wood

Sorry. I interpreted your "thanks for letting me know" as sarcasm when I didn't post my response when I said I would.

Please let me know if any of my measurements are not clear.

Reply to
stoutman