Kids, Kids' Projects & Fun

Summer's almost over and school will be starting soon. I wish summer lasted a little longer because the Kids' Projects this summer were a lot of fun, as were the kids. Having some of the "I can't throw this away - I'm sure it can be used for something" wood scraps finally used was a bonus.
If you get the opportunity to collaborate with a kid on a woodworking project I assure you it will be a kick. And you'll learn some new terms - freckle wood (birds eye maple), bug spit (shellac) , tongue oil (Tung oil), the square hole machine (mortiser)...
Here's some examples for some projects that a 5 - 9 year can do some of. (one line)
www.wood-workers.com/users/charlieb/!KidProjects/KidProjects2.html
charlie b