Just saw a commercail on tv...

Just saw a comercial for a new tool from Craftsman. It's a Comp Carver (I think that is what they called it).

It looks like a portable planer, but you go on your computer and design a carving, like a fleur d' leise ( Saint's logo??) and load it on a card that slips into the "planer", you put in a peice of wood and it will carve the design into the wood.

$1899.99 was the price.....

Anybody seen one in person?

Reply to
Mapdude

I saw the commercial, haven't seen one in person. Ran across this, though:

Sears licensed the machine.

RicodJour

Saw it at the Dallas show. Not bad except everything is property. Finishing up my 4 axis CNC mill to do columns 24" by 12' see at

Art Ransom

"Art Ransom" wrote in news:fcWdnezTTY_nLQ7YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Do you mean "proprietary" instead of "property"?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

That huge lathe is bitchen! And I haven't used that word in 30 years.

Turning never interested me that much but that would be very cool. Size matters.

Art Ransom wrote:

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com