Just saw a commercail on tv...

Just saw a comercial for a new tool from Craftsman. It's a Comp Carver (I think that is what they called it).
It looks like a portable planer, but you go on your computer and design a carving, like a fleur d' leise ( Saint's logo??) and load it on a card that slips into the "planer", you put in a peice of wood and it will carve the design into the wood.
$1899.99 was the price.....
Anybody seen one in person?
Mapdude wrote:

I saw the commercial, haven't seen one in person. Ran across this, though: http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/decoustudio/blog/56
Apparently Sears licensed the machine. http://www.carvewright.com / http://www.carvewright.com/forum /
Saw it at the Dallas show. Not bad except everything is property. Finishing up my 4 axis CNC mill to do columns 24" by 12' see at www.turningaround.org
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

Do you mean "proprietary" instead of "property"?
Puckdropper

That huge lathe is bitchen! And I haven't used that word in 30 years.
Turning never interested me that much but that would be very cool. Size matters.