Just Ordered the New Grizzly Contractor Table Saw

Hello Everyone,

Newbie here. I just ordered the new Griz G0444 which replaced their G1022 series of contractor saws. The base model is about $110 more expensive than the old one (base model), but it looks like they've upgraded the fence, thrown in the dust collection plate (in their catalog for only $11) and put the switch on the rail. The stated rip capacity is a few inches more at 30", which is actually going to be a big help on my upcoming project.

I've read a lot of great stuff here and in the archives, so I feel this is the most saw I can get within the budget, without finding a great deal on something used.

With shipping it's $510 even. The order is cancellable for free up until it ships, so you folks have about four weeks to talk me out of it. That is the absolute limit of my budget, so don't tell me I should have bought a Unisaw. I am, however, always open to other ideas for up to $500.

Oh, and yes, I held back some funds for a good blade!

Can't wait!!!!

Happy Holidays to all.

Tom Murphy

Reply to
Tom Murphy

Don't own any Grizzly products but I haven't heard anything bad about them other than they require more effort to tune when you set them up. Sounds like you've thought out your purchase to meet your needs

Good luck and enjoy it

Ken

Reply to
Ken Johnsen

More effort that what? Aligning the table and the fence is the same for just about any saw.

-Jack

Reply to
JD

I bought the cheapest G1022 table saw with stamped wings. One of the wings was flawed & could not be installed flat & true. I invested several hours trying because I was the newbie & must be doing *something* wrong, right?

Grizzly let me upgrade to cast wings for the difference in price between the stamped & cast. Shipping the stamped wings back & the cast wings to me took (IIRC) 10 days - two weeks.

It's a nice saw, no regrets, but I've read here of others with a similar tech support parts shipping cycle required to get the new (whatever) running for the first time.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Yeah, I've never adjusted a table saw, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it. I don't mind if it's a lot of effort as long as the thing will STAY PUT once adjusted.

Are contractor saws like pianos that have to be tuned every time they're moved?

Side note - HD's 20% off sale put me in a real quandary. I could have bought the Ridgid TS3650 for about $480 yesterday. I was not considering it because of the $600 price tag. I compared specs as well as I could and searched the archives and basically talked myself into the Ridgid because it has cast iron wings and 36" rip capacity. Problem is, I forgot that HD closes at 7:00 on Sundays. The sale was Saturday - Sunday only.

RATS!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Murphy