Just Back from Divin' In the Chicago ARea

I picked up a rusty, broken Stanley #78 and two other thing-ga-majigs plus a pile of old horseshoes and other stuff. Maybe someone can identify the hanger thing-ga-majig just behind the rusty plane?
http://home.mchsi.com/%7Elawlhote/Dumpster2/stc1big.jpg
or see all of the stuff @ http://home.mchsi.com/%7Elawlhote/Dumpster2/dumpster2.htm
Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

Yup, it's a ladder jack. The part of the bracket with the slanted slots is to allow adjustment for the angle of the ladder.
--
Nahmie

This group is an amazing knowledge base. Sure enough, if you Google with images the thing comes up. Thanks to all for the help. Now, what do I do with them...I'm afraid of heights.
Larry
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

So? Just use them with a step stool<g>
<snip>

Take 'em to the dump, of course!
Cheers -
Rob
" Maybe someone can identify the

Its a ladder jack. It hooks onto the rungs of 2 extension ladders and provides places to put a plank.
It is a roof jack which hooks onto the nails under a set of shingles and holds boards to provide firm footing on steep roofs.