Jointer Wanted

Yep, it's about time for something with a long bed. The old C'man is fine, but just too short. 6" is plenty wide, but the bed bed must be long (66"). Being frugal, I'd like to find something used, somewhere near central NC. Does anyone now of one available? Wilson
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:40:13 GMT, "Wilson Lamb"

How about the finest 6" jointer ever made: the Delta DJ15? I have one for sale with an HTC mobile base. It was new for me in '92 (age doesn't really matter with these babies) and is in excellent shape.
It was going to be my jointer-for-life and there is nothing wrong with it except I happened across a deal on a DJ20 that I couldn't pass up. I'm looking for $700 for it, and if that seems like a lot, ask around about the DJ series (15, 20, 30). It sold for around $1100 new (in 1980's dollars + about $100 for the mobile base). Unparalleled design. No one's (including Delta) 6" jointer today even comes close.
I can have it in the Charlotte area upon conclusion of discussion. Do the obvious with my email addy to reach me.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

I'd want a jointer with a paralleled design. -- Igor

Given that the series was renowned for its parallelogram design, perhaps I should have spread my hyperbole elsewhere.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Hey, we'll have none of that around here. This is a family show. Oh wait, I forgot, we chased out those %&*$ers. As you were. -- Igor
Man, I wish you were in Indy. I'd love a DJ-15, and would provide a good home for it, I can assure you.
Anyone have a jointer for sale in or around Indianapolis? Give me a holler. Thanks!
LRod wrote:

I am looking for a long bed 6" jointer somewhere near central NC. infomet the usual symbol mindspring dot com is my address. Please reply direct if you have something that may be available. Thanks, Wilson
Wilson Lamb wrote:

Wilson,
I have a Delta 6" jointer that I'll sell if that meets your needs. I'm going to replace it with their 8" jointer. I live in Blue Ridge GA, which is just south of Murphy, NC. We copuld work something out on getting it to you if you're interested. Let me know.
Regards,
Dave Vermilyea