joinery website

Hi

I've set up a website for a one man joinery, cabinet making and furniture business in the UK. I'd like to get it up the ranks on a google search for say 'High Peak Joinery' or 'Buxton Joinery'

the site is

there any sites out there the might be relevant to this sort of thing so that I could approach them for adding a link to my site? I believe this will have a positive effect on google listings

Thanks

Nicholas

Reply to
Nicholas

As a follow up question

Is it slow/medium/fast loading? It's run from home (on this machine in fact) on a 600Mhz ITX machine on a basic broadband connection. dread to think what it'd be like if more than one person was trying to browse at the same time...:-) Although it looks like that's what's happening at the mo.

thanks

Nicholas

Reply to
Nicholas

Loaded fine for me. I like the site - easy to navigate and clean. Only = thing I would sugest is home/back buttons on the pages and clickable = thumbnails vs. full images.

Cool shop by the way.

Reply to
Eric

Was pretty fast for me...

Reply to
patrick conroy

--------------- It loads fine. I'm also in the UK and using broadband.

A few thoughts regarding content:

Who do you want to use it? Fellow woodworkers or customers looking for a solution?

If customers then.... The setting is a little overly rustic and looks like you've setup in a cowshed. You seem to be up to your ankles in chippings and sawdust and while it might look 'lived in' to me it can look a shambles to a customer (also health and safety types might deem you a fire-hazard)

No customer needs, or wants, to know that you get some of your tools from eBay. Or how much your tenoner is going to rack up their costs. I'd concentrate on what you can do for them, not what you've done for yourself by way of tooling up.

Having a mobile as the primary contact number tends to put folk off. Use the land line and set up auto diversion for when you're out.

If for woodworkers... Looks fine, you should see my garage. A cow shed would be luxury. And your kit is great.

Reply to
gandalf

Nicholas,

Nice site and great work! I'm in the US on dial up, it loaded just fine.

Reply to
Rumpty

For that you need to do two things: (i) add metatags to your home file, and (ii) register with Goggle and whereever lse oy uwant it spotted. The first gives a list of words for people to link to [what I would type to get to your site or any other using the same word(s)], the second forms the link at their discretion [ I don't know how fussy they are when I see some listings for innocent searches] and puts you in their listing. If your tags contain "Discombobulate", and I type it, and no-one else uses that word, I get only your site. If I use "wood" I'd get yours and several million more. Don't believe those ads for putting you in the top ten, That would put everyone in the top ten. Think about it.

Reply to
Guess who

I have no problem using DSL.

Reply to