JOAT?

Page 2 of 2

I'm pretty sure that Theo is a few years younger than I am. He never did welcome email that didn't have a specific and sensible purpose, though I guess finding out if he's still kicking might be considered specific and sensible enough.
He is alive and well. we talked a few days ago VIA a website. he said life is basically good! LOL I think he got tired of the spam and political crap here. I am too and may disapear soon also. he can not filter web tv. its a shame we cant keep this group ON topic. I dont mind OFF topic stuff but here lately I get hundreds of headers a day and after filtering I have less than half! and 80% of whats left is OFF TOPIC. well go ahead start the flames. I tuned in several years ago and can tune out anytime so..... how many good folks are we gonna loose before we learn?
skeez

I think it was about 6 words or so that were suggested at the time, but it was good enough to reduce the spam flood from a hundred a day down to two or three spamcraps, if that. Which group of spam is it that's plaguing you? I'll go through my filters and find those key words for you.

I've got the spam pretty much covered. I filter be author ,words and google ect. I could add OT to the list but I DO enjoy some of the OT posts. I dont respond to them but I do read some so I dont want to do that. sometimes I get headers and it says its getting up to [just for example] 1200 headers and after it filters out what I want it to I get maybe 60-70 posts. thats fine. out of the 60-70 I might get 10-15 woodworking related posts! thats where the problem is lately. I understand it's an election year and politics is a hot topic but it realy doesnt belong here. All it does is flare tempers and causes degradation of the group. The nuggets of usefull stuff are getting harder to find. I also find when someone tries to help someone else in comes the flamers bitching about spelling,grammer,legalities ect..ect..ect... ad nauseum. then it turnes into a spitting contest. Soon the nuggets are ,lost in the bullshit. thanks for the offer of help. BTW I like the picnic table! you aint gotta worry but it being blown away in the wind! It looks rock solid.
skeez

Sure, a good portion of the OT stuff is what makes this area the family it is. Yeah I know, your election is a good portion of the current conversation and many are not really interested in it, but it will be gone soon enough to be replaced by something else, maybe a little more interesting or on topic.

Appreciate that. This is the first time I've used bench bolts because I wanted the table to be easily dismantled for winter storage. It also made for easy transportation to the friend's house. I was really surprised at how sturdy the table was when putting it together even with just one stretcher assembled. Guess I shouldn't have been so surprised since the bolts *are* designed for heavy bench construction.
I'm off on Sunday for a barbeque where the table will be properly christened. Might be one of the last barbeques for the season. Let me tell you, it stinks living in an apartment and not having easy access to an outdoor grill. :)

Learn what? All of life is full of things we don't care about, wish weren't there, annoy us, please us, etc. Maybe we should learn that we simply can't make a perfect environment that everybody is in complete agreement is perfect.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Didn't miss the smiley did ya Charlie?
I think JOAT was always quite gracious about unsolicited emails, especially if it was to ask him if he had some plans for a (insert item here)...
:-)