JJ-8 jointer

Assuming flat and coplaner tables -- anything else to look for on an older jointer?
Any know issues with a JJ-8 ?
It looks to have springs vs jack screws. Is that a big deal? My 6" Jet has jack screws.
My first jointer had springs, my second, jack screws.
With springs, it would take me close to an hour to get the knives set properly after a sharpening. Now it takes me 10-15 minutes, YMMV.
As a hobbyist, I go through that ritual about annually. Personally, I don't enjoy tuning machinery; some folks do.
-Steve