JET vs DELTA Cabinet Saw?

What would be the better cabinet saw? And how much would it run me? $1000? $1500 for the best? Which brand is better?

-Mel-

Reply to
Mel Sinclair

Just my opinion of course, but both are high quality saws. I personally would go for the Delta because of the availablity of aftermarket products and the number of places in which you can get parts. Like it or not, it's the standard by which all others are judged.

Don

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

Mel, both are good saws, you probably will pay about $1600.00 more or less for either saw. Delta's motor has more oomph, I have used both saws in the same shop, ripping same material,thickness etc. Most ripping was done with a powerfeed. We had to slow the feed down when ripping 8/4 or thicker stock on the jet. Both saws are 3HP, 220 volts. These saws are side by side equipped with electrical plugs. I switched receptacles one day to see if the saws performed any differently. No difference at all, Delta still had more power. The jet has enough power for any task, you just have to watch your feed rate. If your are considering these saws , then check out Grizzly web site. I own the G1023s and would not trade it for either the Jet or Delta unisaw. These saws run about $825.00 plus shipping. General also makes a very good saw, Powermatic makes the best in my opinion, also has hefty price tag.

Good luck with whatever saw you buy Mike

Reply to
mike

Did you happen to try swapping the blades?

Nova

I have the Jet and am truly satisfied with it. I have never used the Delta so I have no apples to apples comparison. I upgraded to the Jet with the 52" extension from my Crapsman which was fin for small stuff but sucked for any hardwoods ( burn issues on wood). Just my chime in! Kevin

Reply to
yobosaeyo

I love my Delta Unisaw with Unifence. The fence is what swayed me to Delta.

But either is a fine saw. Why don't you look at both and pick the one YOU like best.

I paid $1349 for it 18 months ago at a woodworking show. Limited Edition Unisaw with 50" Unifence including mobile base.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I have the Jet and compared the 2 side by side when deciding between the 2.

3 years ago Delta was having a broken trunion issue which Delta blamed on the shipping companies. Turns out Delta was rushing assembly and improperly torquing the trunion bolts.
Reply to
Leon

That is insane! At that price, the saw should cut diamonds and steel. I may go as high as $300, but even that would be steep!

Zeke

Reply to
Zeke Redner

For some reason, I had a feeling this was a troll from the beginning.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Zing!