JessEm Mast-R-Lift

I want to purchase a router lift for my PC7518. The candidates under consideration include the JessEm Mast-R-Lift. This product underwent a design change a few years ago. The older product had the height adjustment located near a corner of the plate, with a belt connecting it to the height adjusting leadscrew. The newer version exposes the top of the leadscrew, eliminating the belt. It is the new version that I am interested in.

Alas, JessEm chose not to change the model number when they revised the design. Photographs of the Mast-R-Lift on Amazon and a few other on-line retailers are of the older model. When I inquired with JessEm about this, they told me that the new design has been shipping for at least 2 years, so it is unlikely that Amazon would be shipping the old version. When I asked Amazon to verify this, they could not do so.

Too bad. By a sizeable margin, Amazon has the best pricing on this that I have found. And free shipping to boot. I am reluctant to risk receiving the older design, and the subsequent hassle of a return on my dime.

So, fellow wreckers, I seek your help. Have any of you purchased and received the newer design Mast-R-Lift from Amazon? Or another reliable on-line vendor?

Or should I just go with the PRL, and be done with it?

Reply to
Art Greenberg

marc rosen

Reply to
tdup2

Marc, JessEm assures me that the -newer- version has the direct drive height adjustment, and that's the one pictured on their website.

It wouldn't matter then, if the adjustment was on that same side in the corner. The plate should be oriented so that side is away from the fence.

Reply to
Art Greenberg

Thanks, Tim, but that's not the Mast-R-Lift, and its not the PRL.

Reply to
Art Greenberg