J-Line jointer value?

Hi everyone I could get this jointer on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item801219496
What do you think its value is? I realize I may need to replace the motor with a single phase motor, but otherwise what do you all think?
Dan wrote:

I like to look at things as either possible (all the time) or probable (way less often/seldom/never).

Well, if your eBay user name is lazybakker1 then congratulations.

Probably equal to a used Delta or a Powermatic but slightly more than an Atlas.

Sorry, I can't speak for the group but personally I think lazybakker1 did real good for himself.
UA100
The switch cover says wired for 208. I'm pert near sure that means three phase, so he's probably looking at a couple/few hundred for a new motor.
Joe

Some motors can be wired for 208 or 220 by just changing some connections. Don't know about this one.

Only if he likes old iron, does not have to ship it, and has a motor lying around! Freight will run $100, a motor another $100, runs the price up to $350, plus the time to rewire, new switch, and clean up. Not sure if it goes for good deal status any more with a open stand Jet for ~$400, closed stand for ~$500. Did ok, but not great in my book. It may be better quality than what you can buy in the sub $500 range, but most of us would be plenty happy with a Grizzly for the same money.
Deals like this is why I bought my Jet 6" closed stand jointer. I shopped for a used machine 2-3 years. Everything I found was overpriced, and/or junk! Greg
Greg O wrote:

This part is true.
UA100
I agree he did real good, I'd say if it turns out to be in decent shape its a *GLOAT*

It is hardly a gloat. If it turns out to have nothing more wrong with it than a little surface rust it was a good buy. But, in all likelihood it will be a nearly unusable POS. I have seen high school shop tools, but never one they stopped using years ago but didn't bother to try to sell. Argh.
It is a gamble, and I don't think it was a good one.
Troller wrote:

Have you taken into account the history of J-Line before coming up with this opinion?

I'm not sure I'd catalog this little tid-bit in the "Irrefutable" file just yet.

Is it Talk Like A Pirate Day already?

Okee-dokee.
UA100