Is this your new finish??

Page 2 of 2
On 2/16/2010 11:51 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Previous solar heating panel designs - every one that I'd ever seen - began with someone asking: "What can I build on the cheap?" and the end product was generally not worth the cost.
I took a slightly different approach by asking instead: "Just how much heat can we get out of a panel?" and made peak performance a higher priority than cost. I figured that once I'd figured out what it took to get really good performance, I would know enough to be able to make good trade-offs to control/adjust the cost.
The heat exchanger/absorber is critical to performance and I tackled the design as a physics/radiation problem. It turned out to be a bit more than that, but that was a good starting point. No matter how I looked at the problem, the answer always came up "aluminum ribbon" of a particular thickness and width, formed and arranged in a particular geometry.
There was only one way to know if that was a correct solution to the problem...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

And that was to borrow some of that specific material from a friend, right? <snicker>
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow

What's the supplier's name?
On 2/17/2010 7:41 AM, phorbin wrote:

Ed - but that may have been an anglicized nickname for my convenience.
8^)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar