Tue, Sep 5, 2006, 7:55pm (EDT+14) firstname.lastname@example.org (Tana) attempteth a
only if it falls on the darlings.
When I said, "Unless the wood is bad for kids." I wasn't caring
about it falling on the kid; if the kid is screwing around probably
serves him/her right. Hopefully that'll teach 'em not to do "that"
Some woods are extremely toxic, can even lethal, if ingested. If I
recall right it's black walnut you should not use for horse bedding. On
readily available type of wood to avoid for projects humans and/or
animals will be in contact with is pressure treated lumber; some idiots
use it just because it's cheap. For decks, fine. For animal shed,
furniture, etc., no. Major mistake. There are other woods that can
cause various symptoms, mostly tropical woods I believe. Do a google
for wood toxicity, or toxic woods.
My shop, my rules.