Iron on patterns

Wife found Steam-A-Seam for quilt making that seems ideal for scroll saw pattern holding while cutting. I've used 3M Super 77 but this seems like it would be better as she says it lifts readily from fabric.

Reply to
Bob Bowles

I tried 3M over the weekend and didn't like it. As I started cutting, the paper picked up and was running a tail. Very hard to see the line. I am going to try the laser / ink jet iron on method with the next project and see how well that works.

Reply to
Pops

Did you follow the directions on the can? You can get 3M to stick so well, you'll never get it off short of sanding.

Another tip I've heard of a lot (but haven't tried yet) is using clear packing tape to cover the wood, then glue the pattern over the tape. It's said the tape works as a great lube to make the sawing easier.

Reply to
Jim K