IPE shavings in the garden

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know if Ipe shavings used as mulch for blueberry plants will cause a problem with the plants? I know that some species are not recommended for mulch, but I haven't found a definitive answer for Ipe.
thanks
Rob

Ipe holds up for a very long time outside unprotected. It is a great deck material. With that said it may not break down for a very long time and may not accomplish what you want. I usually want my mulch to break down and add back to the soil.
Hey Rob,
IPE doesn't show up on quite a few of the more popular toxicity charts (DAGS wood + toxicity), but some list it as a mild irritant and allergen--meaning that it can potentially affect a few (probably small %) of the population.
Your question is tougher and no testing has been done that I know of, esp. w/ reference to that one specific plant.
Note that some IPE intended for decking may be treated; if so, I would not use it as mulch for any digestibles.
Sorry can't be of more help, H
hylourgos wrote:

Treated Ipe? I've never heard of such a thing. Where did you run across that?
RicodJour wrote:

Seems silly, I know, but I thought I had read that somewhere. Can't find it now, so maybe I'm mistaken....
Not the first time, H
RicodJour wrote:

Seems silly, I know, but I thought I had read that somewhere. Can't find it now, so maybe I'm mistaken....
Maybe I'm thinking of the treatment that imported wood must receive in order to be shipped(?)
Not the first time I've been mistaken, my wife reminds, H

Anniversary?
Thanks everyone. I think I'll use it somewhere else besides the blueberries.
Rob