Interesting story reflecting on ww. the depression, and other thoughts

http://lumberjocks.com/davidiv/blog/26815#comment-1111075
If you look, be sure to look at the photo the author posted in the comments section below--it looks like a story in itself.
Bill

Great story by David.
My last house was built in 1939 and had roughsawn 2x4 studs covered by 1/4" plywood. I saw that picture and believe that stack of ply behind them is likely identical to the 1/4" stuff which adorned my old shack.
-- Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice. -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

"DAMMIT Son, you're doing it bass-ackwards!"
But it worked. I have Dad's tools and some of his Dad's tools.
-Zz
In typed: ...

Twayne wrote:

Sorry, you didn't like it. But hey, it didn't cost you much, and perhaps considering it will help make you more thankful for what you have. Or are you "3rd-generation I don't give a 46-55-43-4B" ?
42-49-4C-4C-0A

Never met my grandfather, but I think of him whenever I use his old hand tools. Feels like I'm shaking his hand.