interest in Shaker village trip report?

Greetings, Just got back from a trip to Kentucky. Horses for 8yr daughter, Mississippi culture sites for SWMBO, Shaker sites for me. I'm willing to write up a Shaker wood report if anyone expresses interest. Pics when I get 'em back from the developer.

Couple of quick notes as a teaser: Doorframes draw-pinned 4x4. Scratch awl marks left in dovetailed drawers. Coopering demonstrator had a Veritas low-angle spokeshave on his bench. Unfaded green paint was applied by Shakers themselves, not restorers.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Which village did you go to? I have been to Pleasant Hill and thought it was an excellent time. Lots of shaker designs to check out!

Reply to
Mr Beefy

I have visited all the "Shaker" sites across the country. Pleasant Hill is my favorite! Please post some pictures. Mike

Reply to
aswr

Scratch

I would enjoy seeing a report. We visited Hancock Shaker Village, in the Berkshires, several years ago and really enjoyed that. If only they would have produced offspring to carry on the tradition. Regards, Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

Hokay, I'll get to work on it. Need to get my impressions down on paper, anyway. Dropping the pics off tonight; take a little while to get 'em off the CD and into an approved size... 1024x768, 24bits/pixel, right? ;D

(Pleasant Hill, BTW, with a whistle stop at South Union, cuz Mammoth Cave took way longer than we figgured.)

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis