INSPIRATION - TEA CADDY

sense in being pessimistic - it wouldn't work anyway.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 30 Aug 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Sun, Aug 31, 2003, 11:39pm (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com (Andy=A0Dingley) queries: Talking of tea caddies, does anyone know what the metal used for lining them was ?

I don't know about all of them, but some, at least, were tinned, rather than pure tin, so I'm thinking tinned steel. Seems I recall pure tin is available in plumbing supply places. Not sure how you would tin steel. Dip it in molten tin? Google should tell. Of course, if you were tinnng, you could probably use sheet copper too, maybe without tinning.

I don't believe I would go that far myself, I would just use a shellaced interior, as I believe many originals did.

JOAT No sense in being pessimistic - it wouldn't work anyway.