INSPIRATION - MOUSEBOATS

http://www.breakawaybooks.com/building_two_mouseboats.htm Hat this stuck away too. I don't plan on making one, so it's getting deep-sixed.
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
Hmmm..... I just bought a new house that backs up to a "completely" lily=pad covered lake. Said lake is rumored to have large bass in residence. Think one of these might be stable enough of a platform to pole out on this shallow lake? Pat..

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 07:31:24 -0700, "Patrick Fischer"

Dad and I (age 8 or so) built one of those (little Cabot, I think) and sailed it on the lake at LRAFB in the early 60's. Great little boats from 1 sheet of plywood and some sticks. I think it was a Popular Mechanics set of plans.
Dad was 210 lbs then and it held us easily. With all 4 in the boat, it was very low in the water, though. It should support one person easily, but a $20 inflatable would, too. But that's not woodworking.
- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier. ------------ http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases
Sun, Jul 25, 2004, 7:31am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@wavecable.com (PatrickFischer) mutters: Hmmm..... I just bought a new house that backs up to a "completely" lily=pad covered lake. Said lake is rumored to have large bass in residence. Think one of these might be stable enough of a platform to pole out on this shallow lake?
You? Up to you.
Me? No way. I'd want something a tad larger, and several tads more stable. Somewhat akin to something along these lines would work for me: http://www.shortypen.com/boats/brick /
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE http://www.banjer.com/midi/newcopp.mid
Sun, Jul 25, 2004, 1:41pm snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (JT) I scribed: <snip>I'd want something <snip> I recant, and would muchly prefer someting like this. http://members.fortunecity.com/smallboat/skiff/skiff.html Vastly more useful in the long run.