INSPIRATION - MOUSEBOATS

Hat this stuck away too. I don't plan on making one, so it's getting deep-sixed.

JOAT

We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience.

- Nanny Ogg

Reply to
J T

Hmmm..... I just bought a new house that backs up to a "completely" lily=pad covered lake. Said lake is rumored to have large bass in residence. Think one of these might be stable enough of a platform to pole out on this shallow lake? Pat..

Reply to
Patrick Fischer

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 07:31:24 -0700, "Patrick Fischer" calmly ranted:

Dad and I (age 8 or so) built one of those (little Cabot, I think) and sailed it on the lake at LRAFB in the early 60's. Great little boats from 1 sheet of plywood and some sticks. I think it was a Popular Mechanics set of plans.

Dad was 210 lbs then and it held us easily. With all 4 in the boat, it was very low in the water, though. It should support one person easily, but a $20 inflatable would, too. But that's not woodworking.

- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier. ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sun, Jul 25, 2004, 7:31am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@wavecable.com (Patrick=A0Fischer) mutters: Hmmm..... I just bought a new house that backs up to a "completely" lily=3Dpad covered lake. Said lake is rumored to have large bass in residence. Think one of these might be stable enough of a platform to pole out on this shallow lake?

You? Up to you.

Me? No way. I'd want something a tad larger, and several tads more stable. Somewhat akin to something along these lines would work for me:

tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe.

- Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE

J T

Sun, Jul 25, 2004, 1:41pm snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J=A0T) I scribed: =A0I'd want something

I recant, and would muchly prefer someting like this.

Vastly more useful in the long run.

JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe.