Inset hinge query

Hello,
Any there any hinge designs that will allow an inset door to open so as not to block any part of the opening it is in? I mean, in a face frame setting, open to 90 degrees with the backside of the door aligned with the edge of the face frame. Perhaps this is a geometric impossibility and I should use an overlay door.
Thanks, Wayne
The 35mm Blum and Mepla hinges do this and are inexpensive if you don't buy them from a woodworking store. They are about $3 each. max