Inlay Router Kit

On sale at Rockler's, I thought I'd try it. I'll be darned, but it actually works really well.
S.
Glad you are having fun with it. It is important to center the bushing around the bit. I had a little trouble with the Rockler set when the bit wasn't centered. My fault for using it with a Bosch adapter to fit the Porter Cable bushing to my router. (Too many adapters!) I ended up buying a $20 Grizzly set mostly for the centering pin, and have had near perfect results since (using either the Grizzly or Rockler template bushing).
I've also found it helpful to go slow. That little bit gets awfully hot!
David
samson wrote:

Link to the product?
In article <dd2e4b4d-05d5-457e-9fa2-34d5e29bb5a6

Here is a link, but the one I bought is brass.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 07&filter=inlay
It fit perfectly into my Dewalt 616. Takes seconds to switch out to a 1/4 bit to rout out the receiving piece after outlining it with the inlay bit.
S.
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 17:20:44 -0600, samson wrote:

Was this just because it was a large area? I thought the same bit and template was used for both pieces just by removing the collar.
snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm says...

The inlay kit uses a 1/8. The area was not large, and I could have used the 1/8 to rout out all the area of the receiving piece. But I thought it would be faster and easier to rout out the area with a 1/4. If my 1/2 was nearby, I probably would have used that.
S.