INFO - Seneca Falls Empire Scroll Saw

http://www.americanartifacts.com/smma/advert/ay389.htm
Now that's a nice scroll saw.
I don't know much about the development of modern scroll saws but I wonder when the manufacturers eliminated the top arm in favor of a spring (or if that type of saw was cocurrently being manufactured-I did not know that much older saws had the top arm). I just purchased a Dewalt 788 to replace my Boice Crane and what a difference that is. Thanks for this link. Marc