info on saw

I am in the market to purchase a 10" sliding compound miter saw. I saw a Hitachi brand today at Lowe's but I don't know anything about the reliability of that brand. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks
I know many who have owned one and they all have had good things to say about theirs. I think Hitachi is a reliable brand. If the price is right I don't think you'd be disappointed. (lets see what others say ...) I have experience with the 10" Makita model and like it very much with two exceptions.... the angle scale's indicator is on the right side up near the fence requiring you to stand to that side to get an accurate eye of sight for odd angles (no detents). Also the safety switch failed to function (on our saw) and the trigger is the whole length of the handle, resulting in start ups while just trying to line up the cut. The 12" Dewalt has a very rugged feel. Dust bag is useless. I prefer the Makita though maybe partly because of the blade that came with it.