In the interest of woodworking content:

That sofa table I was finally going to build myself got put on the back burner, for about the tenth time in the same number of years, when this small job came in the door:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopCustomMedicineCabinets
Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of the way first so he could finish/install them.
That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

It must be tough when a client demands that. You might even have to charge extra for that eh? :)
Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopCustomMedicineCabinets
Sometimes you get lucky :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 9/6/2012 8:15 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopCustomMedicineCabinets
Looks good! I have had a few no finish jobs, they "spoil" you. You feel the need to charge 4 times more on the next job that you have to finish. ;~(

Great work, and a favor like that ... Mazel tov!
--
Best regards
Han

And you don't have to hire a subcontractor or have Leon come over to move them and install them!! Nice.
On 9/6/2012 5:05 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

:) That's what I'm talking about ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 9/6/2012 9:15 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopCustomMedicineCabinets
On 9/6/2012 3:49 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Spec called for a 4 3/8" bottom rail? ... mine is not to reason why... ;)

No such thing.
Was simply covering both bases, with one dado stack setup, for a last minute decision on whether space for lighting or a solid bottom was in the cards.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:15:08 -0500, Swingman wrote:

EWoodShopCustomMedicineCabinets
I like them, massive looking, at least for medicine cabinets.
basilisk

Must be for old folks. Younguns don't have nearly that much medicine they need to keep in the cabinet. ;)
Yeah, Swingy, nice cabs.
-- Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air. -- John Quincy Adams
On 9/6/2012 8:15 AM, Swingman wrote:

Ready for client to pick up; sanded to 180, but NO finishing <EG>:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopCustomMedicineCabinets#5785896753822633314
Two photos in row, custom cabinets with spacers installed for flush mounting a Kohler 2026FS Medicine Cabinet.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

It's so he can truthfully say to admirers of the construction, that he did the finishing and put it in.

Looks fantastic, Karl! What wood was that again? For this cabinet? <http://www.homedepot.com/buy/kohler-single-door-20-w-x-26-h-x-5-d- aluminum-cabinet-with-square-mirrored-door-k-cb- clc2026fs.html#.UEvkcVFP8g8>
--
Best regards
Han

Hard Maple ... Yes.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

I love maple ... But you knew that.
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/9/2012 7:59 AM, Han wrote:

I love working with it because it mills so nicely, with sharp tools; and when milled is always so clean looking and well defined.
AAMOF, a stack of freshly, properly milled maple looks like it was drawn in a CAD program. ;)
Finishing, except for a clear top coat, is another matter altogether.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I've been doing shellac a few coats, then finishing with pastewax.
--
Best regards
Han
On 9/9/12 9:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

Hilarious and true. I had never thought of that before, but you are so right.
--

-MIKE-