In Remembrance ...

Page 1 of 2
Everyone's friend, Rob Sekeris "Robatoy" passed away 12/29/2012
We miss you here, Bubba.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/29/2015 11:32 AM, Swingman wrote:

I agree.
"Swingman" wrote in message

Wow... three years already... ditto.
On 2015-12-29 2:32 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yep, I have one of, if not the last thing he built on his CNC, it is a proud addition to my kitchen and dang handy too. He was too ill at the time to come out and install it himself and just sent it by courier, I installed it with a bit of his advise.
A very generous and funny man that is missed.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
On 12/29/2015 4:03 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Some folks you just don't need to meet face to face to feel like you both knew them, and, at the same time, knowing that you'd just met a friend for life ... no matter how short that turned out to be. Robatoy was definitely one of those individuals.
A year or so before Rob passed away, -MIKE- Radcliffe sent Robatoy, Steve Turner and I a special beer, via snail mail, and after delivery, arranged a Google video Hangout for us to meet and drink a toast.
One of those cool things the internet makes possible (for the non-Luddites amongst us, that is <g,d&r> ). Will always be appreciative to -MIKE- for recognizing that, and making it happen.
Rob was ill at the time, but you would not have known it, as he sat in his robe, with his pup on his lap, and regaled us with his unique sense of humor, and Angela joined in for a bit as well.
We talked about expanding it, just never got around to it. Damned shame that is, for it indeed left a lasting memory of special friends, with a common interest, whom you may never actually meet in person.
On 2015-12-29 6:36 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yep, I agree totally, it is just a small shelf made from cutoffs from his counter materials, it sits above the oven with veggie oil, olive oil, vinegar bottles, a mortar/pestle, salt and pepper and a timer, all so handy to have at immediate reach when cooking. He lived about three hours away, the timing never worked out to actually meet.

On 2015-12-29 7:22 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Here is a picture of the shelf he made me, it is so handy having those item handy when cooking.
http://i67.tinypic.com/aes9ar.jpg
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
On 12/30/2015 12:24 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Yep, Good idea, easy to clean, and inflammable to boot.
As the cook of the family I'd find that handy also. Thanks for posting.
On 2015-12-30 1:37 PM, Swingman wrote:

He wanted some pictures after I had it up on the wall, apparently some people had seen it and were interested in one. I think it was a one off though as he unfortunately passed several months after I got it.
He just recommended PL7000 to attach it to the tile and it has been rock solid and not having to dive into the cupboards to find that stuff is so handy when cooking. I just spread the adhesive on the back, propped the shelf on some cans of kernel corn on the back of the stove, pushed it against the wall and waited a few hours.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
On 12/30/2015 1:37 PM, Swingman wrote:

Point of pedantry: Of the trio of words for that idea (flammable, inflammable and non-flammable), only the last one refers to things that *don't* burn.
Why three (or even four if you count non-inflammable) terms for a binary concept? Who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyaJr22YOYY

On 12/30/2015 3:02 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Highly inflamed by your pendatry ...
"It either flams, or it doesn't flam ..."
;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Well, sometimes it flim...
On 12/30/2015 3:02 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

I often wondered why fuel trucks had inflammable instead of just flammable.

The term flammable was just recently devised to avoid confusion amongst the public.
Read more: Difference Between Flammable and Inflammable | Difference Between | Flammable vs Inflammable http://www.differencebetween.net/science/difference-between-flammable-and-inflammable/#ixzz3vrAm0tJu
Some people educated by the new methods were confusing non- for in-.

Inflammable is much like the word functionality. Function always works in a sentence, no need to dress it up with extra letters.

One of my favorites is the verbing of nouns (when a perfectly good verbs exists). My all time fav was "solution", as in "we'll solution that problem". Management kept that one going for years.

Totally agree. I never met Rob in person because we just never could organize it. But, over the years, here online, I got to know the man and he got to know me.
Swingman wrote:

Indeed. I alway enjoyed his posts and the fact that you started this shows he was one of the good ones.
dadiOH
On 12/29/2015 1:32 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yes we do!
On 12/30/2015 9:43 AM, Leon wrote:

And just as a follow up, some of us here lovingly blame him for our Festool addiction. I think before Festool was on the radar for many of us he pointed me towards a German video showing this amazing brand new European tool called a Domino. And he could not say enough about the Rotex. Good advice and direction from a great guy!
And don't get me started on his view of KetcUP. LOL