ICE SCRAPER

http://www.canadianhomeworkshop.com/weekend/ice_scraper.shtml
I'm sure some of you guys still have enough winter left to get a lot of use out of one of these. Here, the dogwood has been in bloom for days. Hehehe
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:40:41 -0500, J T wrote:

We have plenty of flowers in bloom over on the right side of the pond, but a lot of winter still to come too...
I'm not convinced a brass blade on glass wouldn't scratch it horribly - has anybody tried it?
Tue, Feb 26, 2008, 6:18pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@bitrot.co.uk (PCPaul) doth query: <snip> I'm not convinced a brass blade on glass wouldn't scratch ithorribly - has anybody tried it?
Not brass, but have used steel putty knives - with no scratches seen.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

Yup. Brass is a lot softer than glass, but harder than ice (and paint), especially if you radius the sharp corners a tad. I've used a commercial brass-blade scraper and loved it.. dunno where it got to, and haven't seen one in the stores recently. This project seems like a winner to me.