I need a finish

Page 2 of 2

Yes, that's mine.

No, that's a friend's work. I just did the recent restoration job (electrolytic de-rust) on it.
PS - Did you get an email from me last week ?

No my addy is not available by reply here as I have it fouled, I didn't know you sent one. But it is *cravdraa at yahoo period com* and that addy is spammed enough, but go ahead.
Alex

Okay I got it Andy. That is an awesome page on chemical and finish tutorials man, thank you! I will keep it and study it, maybe print it up and make my own booklet out of it too.
Thanks again,
Alex
AArDvarK wrote:

You can take rusty nails or rusty steel wool, dissolve it in vinegar and apply to the solution to wood. Turns many woods almost black.though the solution itself is sort of rust orange. "Classic Wood Finishing" by George Frank, Revised by Sam Allen ISBN 0-8069-7063-4 $17.95 US has all kinds of less traditional ways of coloring wood through the use of chemicals and wood extracts. Some of the formulas use readily available stuff and some require chemicals not normally found in a grocery, hardware or paint store (like potassium permanganate - nasty to dispose of)
charlie b

Excellent, thanks for the book reference! Alex
See "which is the best .22?" thread....