I have limited space, need a table that will accomodate different tools that I can adjust to the height of my workbench

Hi, I have recently acquired a number of woodworking/workshop tools. I currently have a workbench. I do not have alot of extra space. So, I would like to either build or purchase a table that will accomodate, for example, the router table, compound mitre saw, bench grinder, etc. The only catch is... I would like to be able to adjust any one tool once it is on the table so that the router table or compound mitre saw would be at the same height as the top of the workbench.
I am assuming that I could mount each individual tool on wood, of a predetermined size and somehow build a table that will accomodate each tool at the appropriate height. But once it is built, I don't think that I would easily be able to adapt the table to new tools that I will purchase in the future.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
Thanks
Chillee B wrote:

a spacer under each tool that lifts it up to the bench height. For example say you make the bench 36" tall, then make a small table that is 18" tall. Then measure the tool and maybe the miter saw is 6" tall, so you make a 12" box to mount it on so when it sits on the table its at 18". You can put a door or drawer on the front of the 12" box to make it storage for spare blades and other stuff. Then say maybe the table saw is 14" tall it will only need a 4" spacer under it.

Choose a size for the mount then check the manual or measure in the store nay new tools to make sure they fit within that size. Then you may someday have to prioritize your standard against the features of a new tool if it happens to not fit.

tools and keep them somewhat portable so I can sit them on the shelf. Did similar with my router table, made it a box that sits on the bench when I'm using it and sits on the shelf when I'm not,
Good morning, Chillee B, We also have limited space now in our shop. We are in the process of finding a way to accommodate our 3 grinders and miter saw. I have come up with the idea of using a small table and putting each machine on each side. Mounting locking wheels on the table will allow us to spin the table and use which ever machine we need at any one time. This also allows for moving the table around the shop to other locations. I don't know where you are located, but I find great buys on this type of table at Boeing Surplus in Renton, WA Check surplus stores for government agencies in your area. Ardis Eagle View Research Center

On 11 Aug 2004 17:00:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com (Chillee B) wrote:

cut a hole in your workbench that is a little larger than the footprint of your largest tool. route a ledge 3/4" deep and an inch or so wide all around it. cut a bunch of plywood slabs to fit in there snugly. mount one tool to each slab and change them out as needed.
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

That will put the tool table well above the workbench though.
--
--John
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:45:16 -0400, "J. Clarke"

construct tool wells within the slabs as needed.
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Now you have to make room to access controls and permit adequate cooling air and dispose of chips and whatnot.
--
--John
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:51:13 -0400, "J. Clarke"

yup. it all sounds like a pain in the butt to me, but the OP asked....
    Bridger (believer in dedicated workstations)
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

But he didn't ask about putting tools on his workbench, he asked about making a special table to hold them with their working surfaces at the same height as his bench. Perhaps he wants to be able to use the bench as a support for long stock.

--
--John
A commercial version of your need is located at www.tooldock.com
Another version is http://members.cox.net/jfrantz/shopweb/flip_stand.htm
When you make this one you need to do some preplanning to establish the pivot height and the height of the base pice so that each tool will come to the right height when the base is flipped.
Enjoy
Howard