Humble gloat... and restoration guidance...

I am fairly new to this group and have not made many posts, so I am not sure if I have attained such worthiness required to effectively gloat... but I'm gonna anyway....
Just bought several machines (all in fine working condition, but for rust etc) from a local gentleman, selling because he is moving:
Craftsman 113.20650 6-1/8" jointer (1970ish) for $35. Ryobi AP10 Planer for $40 (10 years old). Craftsman 113.23800 12" lathe (1970ish) complete with a cabinet and 9 Craftsman lathe tools (i.e. gouges, etc) for $75.
My shop contained just a compound miter saw and a nice table saw (a General 650), so I consider this a nice haul to outfit the shop for just $150. Even if I need to upgrade later, these tools will get me started now, and I'm sure with satisfaction.
I plan to restore the jointer and the lathe, but I have not done any such kind of thing before. Can anyone tell me the kinds of paint (primer and finish) that are used on such restoration projects? I currently do not own an air compressor, so are spray-can paints suitable?
/rick.
On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 16:49:33 -0400, "RickS" <rick --dot-- s --at-- comcast.net> wrote:>I am fairly new to this group
Hi, Rick!

gloat granted.

yep.
spray cans are fine as long as the paint in 'em is suitable. for some in depth discussion of machine paint, try: www.owwm.com

Well, since you're new to the group, let me give you the obligatory response to your first gloat.
You Suck.
Joe
"RickS" <rick --dot-- s --at-- comcast.net> wrote in message

sure
I'm
General
Even