How to pronounce Shedua Utile, and Chechen?

Sadly my dictionary doesn't recognize them as woods.

Sheh-doo-ah? Shed-oo-ah? Shee-do-ah? Yu-tile? Yu-til? Yut-il? Chee-chehn? Che-Chehn? Chech-ehn?

Rather OT, but zoology is pronounced exactly as it is spelled; zo-ol-o-gy. Not zoo-ol-o-gy, like I always thought.

Reply to
Toller

No idea but I'd guess your first or SHED-wa ________

ooo-TEEL (means "useful") ____________

CHAY-chen (AY = long "A" as in "famous")

Reply to
dadiOH

Utile = You-tea-lee

Reply to
Limey Lurker

Che-chen "Che" like in chess

Toller wrote:

Reply to
Alex

Ah-Do-Wah-Wah!

We-tile!

Chong!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :o)

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Ok, I have to yank your chain on this one. LOL. In an international forum you will probably get 4 or 5 different and correct answers. Ask a Bostonian how to pronounce Drawers, Drawing, Park, Garden, Saw and you will most likely get, Draws, Drawerings, Pok, God'en, and Sawer. Equally odd I have seen Chest of Drawers spelled Chest of Draws.

That said, it takes a smart person to be able to pronounce and spell a word more than one way.

Reply to
Leon