How to identify plastic??

Folks -
Some time ago, while at the surplus yard, I picked up a number of pieces of plastic plate for future use as jigs, thingies, whatever...
Anyway, I have a scrap about 12" square, and would like to use it for a router support in a table. I am sure it's strong enough, but was wondering how I might be able to identify specifically what I have.
Lexan, Acrylic, Neosporin... that one that's really rare... Unobtainium... How do you tell, and what properties are better for certain projects - ie guards.... I wouldn't want to use the stuff that shatters...
Several pieces that I have are clear, some are tinted, one is almost black. Any ideas or links?
BTW, I went out and gave my Tablesaw a hug this morning, after all those flame wars about the wire wheel...
TIA,
John
try this...................... http://online.sfsu.edu/~jge/MainPage/Classes/body_activity-11.htm
I'd use a mock up. Make a frame the size of the plate, put the plastic over it and the router on top then measure the deflection with a straight edge and feeler gauges.