how to get that shiny black finish

Someone is interested in having me make Koto instrument stands. After the cabinetry I've been doing lately, these look pretty simple. Does the shiny black finish have a name so I can look up how it's done? tia - Nigel
Nigel Burnett wrote:

the cabinetry I've been doing lately, these look

up how it's done? tia - Nigel
I achieve this using automotive materials and techniques--multiple coats of sprayed lacquer, wet sanded between coats, followed by multiple coats of clear lacquer also wet sanded. After final coat, wet sand with finer grades of wet paper, followed by automotive rubbing and polishing compounds.

cabinetry I've been doing lately, these look

how it's done? tia - Nigel
Lacquer - applied in many coats
BillyB

cabinetry I've been doing lately, these look

how it's done? tia - Nigel
Lacquer.
-j

http://www.pianolac.com /
Amazing stuff! (Water clean-up too..and virtually no smell!)

Epoxy has moxie, But lacquer is blacquer.