How to fill wood gap?

Hi. I joined two maple countertops but one edge wasn't completely flat and there is a small gap across much of the joined section (about 25 inches). I don't need a perfect match so I'm not too worried about the gap, but I'd like to fill it with something that won't look too different from the maple. Is there anything good at HD that I could use to fill that gap before I poly the surface?
thanks, dwhite

ahh... the famous "I meant to do that"... not that I've ever done that, of course.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

SSSSHHHHHH! You guys! You'll get us all in trouble!!!!

OK, thanks for all the responses. Tho' the inlay idea is nice, it is a bit more elaborate than what I wanted to get into. I picked up some plain ole' "natural" color wood filler. Looks like it came out OK.
thanks for the help, dwhite