How many peices to make for a bizzarre - and what to charge?

Ok - get an email from someone today that I saw a few cutting boards that I have made. She happens to be the chairperson for this town pre-christmas bizzarre that is held every year. Its basically a selling bizzarre for hand made items. Last years attendance was over 1000 people (up from 700 the year before) She wants me to sell the cutting boards there - my question is to anyone that has ever sold at these types of events what is a typical price point for items and how many do you normally have on hand?
The boards are all 1" thick x 11-12" wide x 14" long, juice groove and cut out : www.verzera.com/rob/ Maple, cherry and a splash of black walnut to give them some color
Im figuring about $30.00 each. What I dont know is how many I should make??? Any opinions / suggestions are very welcome.
Thanks -Rob
You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m (remove the _ to get the address)
Sorry, couldn't help, but "bizarre" was a John Byner show. And means "weird."
Maybe you mean "bazaar"?
Lotsa luck, J
Depending on who goes, it may be a bizarre. The other one I hear all the time is a banzai tree instead of a bonsai tree. I invision kamikaze trees throwing themselves at the sawmill blade. :-)
brian
brianlanning wrote:

I have an easier time envisioning that... :)
It would be funner had I misspelled misspelt... or maybe not. :-)
brian
brianlanning wrote:

:)
Sorry - I meant bazaar - and yes the John Biner show was a classic!

the answer is.... It Depends.
every show is different. you'll get the best answer from someone who sells there regularly, has items similar to yours at a price point similar to yours.
'course, that person may not want to talk to you....
some shows keep detailed sales records. ask your chairperson contact if they have that kind of info.
Rob V wrote:

G'day Rob, The answer to your question about numbers is in the lap of the God's mate. I attend a monthly market with my wooden toys and buying trends are very unpredictable. For instance, one month I made up some pull along wooden ducks, I took the three sets to the markets for three months in a row and never sold any, on the 4th attendance I sold the lot. The reverse is also true as one market I may sell a heap of item "A" so thinking that I'm on a winner I'll make up a lot more and may not sell any for the next 2 or three markets. I have found that when pricing items, I decide what would be an outcome that would make me happy with the event, taking into account stall costs etc.. So if I would be happy to make a couple of hundred dollars, I price accordingly. Note that Time is not a concern to me as I enjoy what I do and it's a hobby, so any profit I make I can put back into "TOOLS" and more materials. Sometimes I have attended shows and not sold a thing. I treat the exercise as a good day's outing, have met lots of interesting people and had some interesting chats, and besides, what else would I be doing on such a nice day. ;) all the best John

Here is one I made some time ago. Many people have asked if I would make them one. Easy to build and would probably sell OK
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/images/cutting1.jpg
Dave