How do you transfer a pattern to your wood

Page 2 of 2

I don't remember where to credit this idea, but a used plain-paper fax machine cartridge (the type that has 2 rolls of what looks like carbon paper) is a good source for long long lengths of carbon paper.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
Go to a sewing shop. Tracing paper. Sold by the yard.

black and white transfer paper is available at most craft stores (Michaels or AC Mooore). It can also be found on web sites with scroollsaw patterns and whilygigs(sp?) and "yard art"
BRuce
Ernie Jurick wrote:

on
I also use 3m spray adhesive and glue the pattern right to the stock. But for really intricate work, I import the pattern into our cam software at work. Then I cut an exact template out of .09 thick steel on our waterjet. I roughly saw the shape out of the stock, then using double stick tape I tape the steel template to my stock. Using a flush cutting router bit, I get exact copies everytime.