How Do You Keep The Blade Tight On A Harbor Freight Multi-function Tool?

I have the $39 one and it has the same problem.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have the dremel, but if I had the HF unit, I would shorten the bolt a little and use locktite.

The shortening the bolt is so that I don't have to turn a bolt that is locktited a hundred (exaggeration) times.

Reply to
tiredofspam

This is the one I have and I never have a problem with the blades loosening it they are centered properly. There is a small ring protrusion on the tool that goes around the bolt and inside the blade hole, which perfectly matches the hole in the blades. It is an exact fit and it's easy to tighten the bolt without the blade being around this ring. It will never tighten enough if the blade isn't sitting flush against the tool, around this ring.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Wouldn't a longer hex wrench have been cheaper?

Reply to
HeyBub

replying to Abby, Gia Frank wrote: So frustrated my Chicago electric multi tool would vibrate loose within 20 seconds . Read everyone's posts and bought the pringles looking washer and a split ring washer. The split ring at 11 cents worked like a dream after I took off all the other washers that came with the tool. Mine has the little nubs that hold the blades on. Btw, harbor freight didn't have them, directed me to the 'nut house' at Ace hardware. Able to cut the footer back that was exposed after widening a closet door! Thanks everybody!

Gia Frank

Yes, Leon, you condescending whatever. If you don't know the answer, just say so instead of insulting others!

Reply to
Realanswers

Well if you were not on home owners hub you could skip all the ads. Now that is condescending.

Reply to
Markem618

LOL That was a good one!!!

Reply to
Leon

And already 8 years ago!

Reply to
Leon

Maybe killfile homoaners? Does anyone need 8YO clickbait?

Reply to
krw

LocTite Blue or star/spring washer

Reply to