How Do You Keep The Blade Tight On A Harbor Freight Multi-function Tool?

Page 2 of 2
On 9/3/12 9:19 AM, willshak wrote:

This is the one I have and I never have a problem with the blades loosening it they are centered properly. There is a small ring protrusion on the tool that goes around the bolt and inside the blade hole, which perfectly matches the hole in the blades. It is an exact fit and it's easy to tighten the bolt without the blade being around this ring. It will never tighten enough if the blade isn't sitting flush against the tool, around this ring.
--

-MIKE-

On 9/2/2012 12:19 PM, Abby wrote:

Had the same problem, swithed to the Dremel.
On 9/3/2012 11:59 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:

I have the dremel, but if I had the HF unit, I would shorten the bolt a little and use locktite.
The shortening the bolt is so that I don't have to turn a bolt that is locktited a hundred (exaggeration) times.
Gramp's shop wrote:

Wouldn't a longer hex wrench have been cheaper?