How do you clean tablesaw blade?

I use Simple Green. It's fast. And, easy to get around the corner at the grocery store.

Roy

Reply to
Roy Neudecker

I clean my table saw blade by placing it in a round plastic auto oil pan, spraying it with oven cleaner, waiting 5 minutes, brushing with an old toothbrush and rinsing well in clear water. I clean it outdoors. The quality of a rip cut is (surprisingly) improved after cleaning.

Reply to
Phisherman

The oven cleaner will remove the CMT lettering too (but so what). Mark down the information before cleaning the blade.

Reply to
Phisherman

Not so. There is no linkage to any product in the story. When folks like Frued say there are substances you should not use on a blade, I think that is worthy of putting in a story, and listening to. There are too many alternatives available to go ahead and use caustic cleaners.

I do wish I was making all this money some seem so sure I am though!

Tom Hintz

Tom Hintz

It's been many years and even more threads since Simple Green or similar cleaners was recommended by many to clean blades. If non-caustics do the job, why would anyone who's read this same thread many times continue to use lye/oven cleaner?? Do you have a stockpile of oven cleaner? Never wanted to try something else? Disagree and think lye works better? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reply to
Cape Cod Bob

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Sometimes Simple Green just dosen't cut it.

I ALWAYS use green chemicals first, for my own health. Sometimes the stronger stuff is necessary. I've cleaned blades with oven cleaner, simple green, and citrus cleaners. If someone has a can of oven cleaner handy, I don't think they really need to run out and buy something else to clean a blade.

Only on real tough stuff. "Better" is a bad descriptor, "faster" is better.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Castrol Super Clean has worked well for me on saw blades and router bits.

Reply to
Courtney Mainord

Use straight Simple Green and let it soak for a while

Some folks say they have good results with Oven Cleaners, but I tend to be leery of str>I see the stuff advertised in the woodworking catalogs but was wondering

Reply to
John Crea

n snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Nate Perkins) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I bought a bottle of stuff called, CMT formula 2050, at highland hardware, safe for your hands, and works like a champ, spray on, and wait a minute or two and wipe off, and the pitch is gone...I saved a few tablesaw blades using it...

Hope this helps...

DCH

check out my site @

DCH

One thing I noticed about the Rockler kit was the brush started coming apart. I lost about 12 or more bristles when cleaning the gullets. Then again its not a huge complaint, brass brushes are cheap and I already had a plastic handled one that I know won't come apart...

Other than that the kit worked okay.

Reply to
David Binkowski