HiPUR and/or Mitre-Bond.

One of my dealers suckered me into installing a few kitchens for her in a new development on the river. Lots of crown moulding. 45-degree spring angle stuff, so with a 12" blade, my guys can do a good job.

Myself, I'd use TiteBond 2 or 3 and my pinner, but I won't be doing most of the work. That MitreBond adhesive is supposed to be good stuff. (I googlerized and found an Aug/2006 article by Dave Eisan who seemed to like it, but I'm not a big cyanoacrylate fan). One of my regular suppliers just goes ga-ga over this HiPUR adhesive. Again, like a good boy, I Googlerized and found the info to be a bit sparse. Even my trusted Woodweb compatriots had little to say about it.

Anybody here have some recent encounters with any of this stuff?

Any and all input will be highly appreciated, as always.

Robatoy

HiPUR hot glue is the most disappointing glue and tool I've ever owned and I've told the makers that. The tube of glue are expensive glue and once a tube is started, you have to use the entire tube. The glue in the tube goes bad quickly once it's opened. And the worst part about it is the glue fails on the assembled parts after some period of time. Stay away from it. That's my opinion.

Reply to
Bruce Kieffer

If you don't like the stuff, just say so, okay? Seriously, I like info like that from the hip. FIFTEEN bucks for 50 grams. Are they nuts? And then you say you can't keep an opened tube?

Thank you for the heads-up.

Reply to
Robatoy