Dealers Electric

For those needing electric motors I strongly recommend Dealers Electric,

One of the few places I know that you can call and get a friendly knowledge person on the line. They have internet special of 1 hp, constant torque, totally enclosed variable speed motor with controller for $230 and 2 hp $ 385 and 3 hp at $438.

I am trying to build a router lathe (a large version of the Legacy Ornamental Mill but with 18" by 10' capacity) with a slave motor using the speed of the primary motor to control its speed. I want to be able to set the pitch cut by the slave and control the speed of the master. After 8 hours digging on the net and talking to one company I had a bid of $12,000. WAY OUT OF MY BUDGET!!!

I called Dealers and explained what I wanted to do and the sales person said that the application was over his head but gave me a name and phone #. That person told me what I needed in the way of controller and motor. Called Dealers back and was told that their Internet special should fill the bill. He offered to fax me the technical manual on the controlled but I don 't have a fax so he is sending it to me by snail mail. Total time 30 minutes ! After I dig through the documentation I will know for sure if the controller will do the job but think that I will get the 1 hp for my floor drill press anyway.

Reply to
Art Ransom