HF Dado Problems

Hi all,
After seeing all of the positive comments about HF's cheap dado set I went out and picked one up yesterday as they're on sale again. I just tried it out and I'm not happy at all with the results. I've poseted pics in a.b.p.w - can someone tell me if this is a bad set or have I gotten a crapy Chinese product?
Also, if any of you have one of these could you check for this problem on yours?
Thanks,
--
Henry (aka Big Al Dexter)

To reply use henry @t henrywebb d0t com
I purchased the $39.95 stacked dado set, and found that the results very much depend on setting the "stack" correctly". Make sure the cutters alternate 90 degrees and that the cutters next to the outside blades are between teeth. However, even with that, do not expect to have the same results as a $200 professional set. It just won't happen...
wrote:

went
crapy

crapy
I'm one of those that had 'positive' comments about the HF dado. Price wise, however, I still think it is a bargain. Looking at one of my comparison photos
http://home.mchsi.com/%7Elarrylhote/dadocomp/dado4big.JPG
the Forrest dado is on the left and the HF in the middle. You can see that the Forrest has that same edge cutting pattern as the HF but not as severe. IMHO if the cutter blades were not manufactured this way you would get all sorts of splintering along the top edge of the cut. From my comments I don't see how someone can assume I meant the HF was as good a dado set as the Forrest.
Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

Yes and come to think of it, most dado's are covered with a face frame anyway. How often do you see them. But just knowing they're looking screwed might bother some. I kinda like mine tight and straight with no gaps.
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.