HF Clamps on Sale

Sure glad my computer or the Internet doesn't run on Chinese rubber ... damn that stuff stinks!
Bought hard rubber wheels at HF to replace the pneumatic ones on one of those Chinese, Sam's special hand carts ... you know, the ones that hold air for only five minutes ... and had to air out the shop for three years!
;)
... Just kidding.
The best of products, from horseshoes to houses, all have one thing in common, and it's not country of origin:
_SUPERVISION_
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I got a huge laugh out of that one. About 7-8 years ago I bought a "rubber" hose for my paint gun since my vinyl hoses were too stiff to use in the winter.
This was HF brand, not Goodyear.
Those damn hoses stunk so much you could smell them in the open air in the bed of the truck!
Worse, (I honestly think they may have been uncured) they stretched like a rubber band, and were so soft they caught on everything.
Worse than that, they were so soft they left black marks on the floor inside a house when you stepped on them! I always step on the hoses... I have a size 13 shoe...
I hadn't thought of that POS in years! in less than a year that hose had disintegrated to the point of unusable.
BUT.... it was less than 1/3 of the price of the Goodyear!
Actually, a bad deal at any price.

Amen, brother.
With that in mind, you should make your company motto (now seriously... think of this on your business card ;^) ) "it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that Swing!"
(Leave the doowops off...)
*chuckle*
Robert
Add pictures here
✖

There ya go.
With a picture of Swingman standing there with a Festool in one hand and a bass in the other.
I like it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 1, 1:51 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mauve.rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

I have a bunch of Chinese clamps. The HF aluminum bar clamps convinced my to invest in a set of Bessy K's. Others haven't been as bad.
Add pictures here
✖
Just keep the receipt. If they were to break, take them back.
Mike in Ohio
Bill wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On 2/27/10 12:08 PM, Michael Kenefick wrote:

What I notice about those is that they bend. They can only take so much force, then the bar just bends back, then it has a curve on it.
--

-MIKE-

✖

Castleton or Southern Plaza? I was in the former, killing time until Rockler opened and I could buy some of the $9.99 router bits.
Add pictures here
✖
said:

Steve,
I was at Southern Plaza.
I saw those Rockler bits advertised--do they have carbide on them (I thought the ad would have said so if it were the case)?
Bill
Add pictures here
✖

Packaging claims carbide.
Add pictures here
✖
said:

Anyone else have opinions on the Rockler bits? Good---or just good for the money?
Bill
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/28/10 12:20 PM, Bill wrote:

I bought the big 'ol combo box more than 10 years ago and I'm still using them. I haven't done any side by side testing with Whiteside or CMT or Infinity, but I don't have any complaints either.
There's probably a reason you only see "green" bits in the standard, smaller profiles and not in the cabinet/door sizes.
When they have those $5 sales, I pick up a few in the profiles that I use a lot, like straight, pattern, chamfer.
--

-MIKE-

✖