Here's Your Cheap Shop - NC

Page 2 of 2

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:32:30 -0700, Mark & Juanita

Wheels off, block foundation, small stick built addition, and you've got a modular shop, not a mobile home. <G>
Mobile homes are NG where I live, too Some recent construction has involved 4, 5, and even 8 section homes that came in on trailers, got attached to a stick-built garage, and sold for almost 3/4 of a million.
Barry
We are looking at various rural properties to build our retirement home. Occasionally a property pops up with a mobile home or older double-wide modular and I think that might be a good shop option. My only concern, with heavier machines, is floor. I worked for a mobile home manufacturer years ago. Floor structure in most is plenty beefy to support a 400-500 pound machine, but the sheeting in some is a little anemic, especially if aged, rotted or delaminated. Pretty easy to fix though with these cheap to free prices.
RonB
Sat, Feb 4, 2006, 3:34pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (RonB) sayeth: We are looking at various rural properties to build our retirement home. Occasionally a property pops up with a mobile home or older double-wide modular and I think that might be a good shop option. <snip>
Yep, and then you could plant some bushy trees all around it to hide it, and make it purty. Built in heat & aird, leave one room as an "office", with a recliner of course, hook up one bathroom, a small fridge, and you'd be squattin' in tall cotton. Pure luxury. I think I'd want a wide door somewhere in it, so if you build a boat you can get it out.
JOAT Have a nice day! Someplace else.