Re: You know your shop is too small ... PING HAN

Han, this decorative muntin grille design came from a G+ conversation with you about six months ago (two photos in row):

liked it enough to use it on this project. Thanks for the idea!! :)

(There is opaque glass going in these two doors, so the businessness with the horizontal lines of the shelves showing won't be so overwhelming).

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote in news:DpmdnWViQ6Utt3bSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Looks good, Karl! But I cant take credit for our kitchen cabinets. My wife chose them from The Kratsmaid collection at Home Despot 13 years ago!

Reply to
Han

Like hell you can't. :)

Point is, and IIRC, you pointed out at the time that the muntins were spaced the exact distance from the rails and stiles as the width of the rails and stiles. That is not something my challenged, teenage mutant designer gene would have ever snapped to ... but that little subtle design detail is the sole reason I like the grille pattern design.

Credit where credit due ...

Reply to
Swingman

Schweet, ('cept for the staining of that poor, defenseless wood)

-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln

Reply to
Larry Jaques

*smirk* Modern day tools, old school execution. Got to love it.

It is a project like yours which makes me hang onto the tools I still have. I built quite a few reception type desk/counters over the years and always enjoyed functional casework like that.

Good call on the opaqueness of the glass. Maybe you can get a laminate that resembles japanese paper, sign guys use that stuff often. I might even have some.

Oh, and I like those 'bureau' style handles. They always worked for me.

Maybe chemo today will wipe off some of that green-ness I am experiencing, I don't like getting jealous, I like getting even.

Robatoy

Swingman wrote in news:494252745362525408.561499kac-nospam.com@216.196.97.131:

That was indeed Kraftmaid's design ... NOT mine. And Afina's sense of taste ... It's still available: Showcase Mullion With Bistro Glass

Reply to
Han

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h10g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

Great summary, Rob. I'll keep your green color, though.

Reply to
Han