Roy Underhill is coming!

That's right! Roy will be at the Northeastern Woodworker's Association's Woodworker's Showcase this year!

Teri Masaschi, Garret Hack, John Reed Fox will be there, as well as me in the Toy Factory (if you care. :~) )

Saratoga Springs, NY March 25-26 10:00-5:00

is an unabashed plug for my club's show... but I figured that folks would want to know!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I have taken a class with Garret and think that he is a great teacher and person. It was unbelievable how much time/energy he spent with students. His skills with a smoothing plane were enlightening to me. It gave me a completely new standard to shoot for.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Good on ya', John. Shout it from the rooftops.

May your future be F-16 (photographically speaking) and the road ahead have been finished with 4000 grit.

I love a good story with successes woven through it.

I'd be there had I had more notice / wherewithal to have marked my calendar.

Next year!

Reply to
Robatoy

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:26:07 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "John Grossbohlin" quickly quoth:

Ohknockthatshitoffyougloatysumbish.

Send Roy out here when he's done there, please.

--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. ---------------------------------------------------

Refreshing Graphic Design

Reply to
ljaques

At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I met Roy when he did a presentation to the Triangle Woodworkers Asc. in Raleigh. At the end when everyone was fawming over him for his autograph, I slipped a picture of the dreaded Norm (backside up) in front of him and asked him for his autograph. He started to sign the back and then stopped, saying, "What the hell, am I signing a picture of Norm?", then turned it over and signed across the front, "Woodworking beyond the Norm, Roy Underhill". We all had a good laugh. I'm thinking of putting the picture on E-Bay ... any offers?

Reply to
Max Mahanke

Roy definitely has a quick and sharp wit... As I was leaving my employ at Colonial Williamsburg I asked him to autograph my copies of his books. In one, taking a shot at my roommate, he wrote 'To John, Survivor of the "Summer of the Blonde!" My roommate was best of friends with Roy's wife Jane. Carol really was amused... ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin