help with pepper mill

I need help in finding a manufacturer of Pepper Mill hardware. I have tried all my usual sources even the Thomas buying guide and all of them give me the same story when I tell them I need a price on over 10 units (actually I need up to 500+ units) "I don't know if we have that many in stock or can even get them". Best deal so far is from (ready for this? drum roll!!!!) Lee Valley, at least they were willing to try to find a quanty of them. Does any one out there know of a manufacturer of Pepper mill hardware? To make it even harder product must me made in the USA. I am about at my wits end (short trip) and ready to tell the customer that there is no way to get what he wants. Can any one give me lead on this product? This is the hardware only not the wood part I'll make that myself to sell and hopefully a profit. Now if I can just figure out which pile of sawdust the lathe is under!!!!
Sweet Sawdust (in 1I4Hf.9700$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net) said:
| I need help in finding a manufacturer of Pepper Mill hardware. I | have tried all my usual sources even the Thomas buying guide and | all of them give me the same story when I tell them I need a price | on over 10 units (actually I need up to 500+ units) "I don't know | if we have that many in stock or can even get them". Best deal so | far is from (ready for this? drum roll!!!!) Lee Valley, at least | they were willing to try to find a quanty of them. Does any one out | there know of a manufacturer of Pepper mill hardware? To make it | even harder product must me made in the USA. I am about at my wits | end (short trip) and ready to tell the customer that there is no | way to get what he wants. Can any one give me lead on this product? | This is the hardware only not the wood part I'll make that myself | to sell and hopefully a profit. Now if I can just figure out | which pile of sawdust the lathe is under!!!!
I found some at http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/catalog/kitchenware.html but will leave tracking the sources to you.
Another possibly helpful link: http://www.craft-supplies-usa.com /.
Woodcraft (http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID 59) sells pepper kits with stainless steel grinder mechanisms they say are made in the USA. It might be worth looking at one to find out who makes 'em. I woudn't be bashful about asking a Woodcraft purchasing person to identify the manufacturer...
Sweet,
Check out "chef's speciaties"
http://chefspecialties.com /
I'm pretty sure that they supply Lee valley, Made in USA.
They recently raised their prices (I got a letter from them) so as not to canibalize their wholesale customers.
I ams confident that they would provide quantity pricing.
That said, I found their mechanisms to be perform adequately... (they ain't Peugeot)
Cheers,
Steve

they are supposed to be the best available, but I doubt that... I have ordered several set for friends, though, and they were happy with them..
Mac https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/wood_stuff.htm
Thanks for the help, I contacted the chefs specialty and they may be willing to help but Lee Valley seems to have the best pricing on this. Wood Craft turned out to be sell an off shore (Japan???) product and quoting it a made in USA So much for knowing your product.