Help with finding router bit for Jessem Template

I am upgrading to a Jessem router lift and got a template that I thought matched the base. The template is actually 1/4" wider on all sides and requires 3/4" OD template guide on a 1/2" straight cut router bit to cut correctly. I just grabbed a 1/2" straight with a 1/2" top bushing and made a contribution to my scrap pile.

Can anyone think of a good reason the template is designed like this? I am very curious for the reasoning.

Also where is such a bit to be found?

Reply to
dhyfilter

Never mind. I ordered the correct bushing that I don't need otherwise....

Reply to
Drew_Y