HELP: gooseneck molding

Has anyone found a better way to make gooseneck molding? I have seen articles that either cause you to do some hand carving after the bits have done their job or you make the gooseneck molding out of two pieces and glue them together. I donít like either approach. I donít mind more than a single bit to do the job, but I donít want to hand carve. Gluing two pieces of wood together adds the risk of the grain not looking right or a gap in the seam if the wood isn't perfectly machined.
Any suggestions?
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net
Add pictures here
‚úĖ